Buying or Selling Your Property

Are we tied in to stay with you for a fixed period?
No.  All we ask is 14 days’ notice should you wish to withdraw your property from sale.

Can we see or change our property particulars?
Yes, details are produced in-house and can be updated or changed at anytime.

What area do you cover?
We have offices in the centre of Carlisle covering the North of the county and into Northumbria and the Scottish Borders, the centre of Penrith covering the centre of the county, Eden Valley and Northern Lake District and as part of the H&H Group we now cover the north east through H&H Land & Property and Kendal and Grange Over Sands through our association with Michael CL Hodgson.

Do we have to have an EPC and how long does it last?
The government has suspended the requirement for homeowners to provide a Home Information Pack (HIP) when selling their homes with effect from 21 May 2010 however the requirement for vendors to have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) will be retained.  An EPC lasts 10 years.

Do you do accompanied viewings?
Yes, we have a dedicated team of accompanied viewers who are available 7 days a week from 10.00am until 6.00pm.

Do you advertise regularly?
Yes, we are contracted to the Cumberland Newspaper and Penrith Herald to take advertising space for the majority of the year. Properties are generally advertised for the first two weeks and then on a rotation cycle after that. Your property is automatically uploaded to our website too for internet searches.

Do you have links to other websites?
Yes, we are linked to Rightmove (The market leader), Zoopla, Primelocation, Globrix, and findaproperty.com.

Do you provide help with mortgages (including remortgages)?
Yes, we have financial advisors available who are independent and can look at the whole of market.

We are ‘first-time’ buyers – are you able to guide us through the process of buying our first home?
Yes, we are able to advise you across all areas and will happily guide you safely through the process.

Do you have your own solicitors?
No, we remain independent although we are happy to recommend local Solicitors to Carlisle, Penrith and Kendal and in fact work with them all.

Do you do other valuation work?
Yes, we carry out valuations for Matrimonial proceedings, Probate and Inheritance Tax.

Do you provide any other services?
Yes, in addition to the services detailed within our website you might like to know we are one of a group of eight companies within the H&H Group plc. Other companies are Harrison & Hetherington (Farmstock Auctioneers, Brokers and Valuers), H&H Insurance Brokers (Independent Advice on all Aspects of Business Insurance), H&H Auction Rooms (Furniture Auctioneers and Valuers), H&H Land & Property (Chartered Surveyors, Land Agents, Planners and Valuers), Michael CL Hodgson (Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents)and H&H Reeds Printers (Design, Print and Production).

Updated 20.1.16